JESUS GARCIA is a Mexican journalist and editor. He studied Communication Sciences at the Faculty of Political and Social Sciences of the UNAM.
He also studied Production, Direction and Screenwriting at the University of the Cinema-AMCI.
He worked in the newspaper REFORMA –one of the most influential in Mexico- during 13 years, specializing in political coverage for print and digital versions. Some of his activities were:
- Coordinate reporters to cover mainly about politics in Mexico City, as well as urban and community issues.
- Write Circuito Interior, the institutional editorial column of the Metro section.
- Design and coordination of policies and urban coverage as hedges elections: 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2014-15.
- Encouraging interaction with readers with multimedia products that help them meet their needs in the environment where they live.
- Encourage interaction from readers with their representatives in the local Congress and the 16 delegates of Mexico City.
- He was anchor in the Internet radio program Urban Debate where he invited government officials, congressmen, business leaders and social organizations leaders.
- He organized, for real-time, the coverage for election of 2006 included the only debates between candidates of different parties for the 16 Delegations. He also planned and helped to develop the Electoral Observatory, a kind of social network microsite to meet candidates for the local Congress and the 16 delegates of Mexico City.
In the El Financiero –Bloomberg, he wrote the blog #JuegoElectoralDF, the election coverage for the aspirants and winners to the Legislative Assembly and the 16 delegates of Mexico City. There he published:
- Profiles of competitors and some winners.
- Made analysis of possible political scenarios.
- He published notes in real time.
- He was a fellow of the International Center for Journalists and NewsCorp “Press Freedom and Access to Information” program practices in The Wall Street Journal (2015).
- He attended the workshop “The digital coverage in the XXI century” organized by the Institute of the Americas at the University of San Diego (2011).
- He studied the Diploma “Cultural Analysis”, by INAH-ENAH (1996).
- He won Youth National Journalism Award “Elena Poniatowska” (1993).
- He also edit e-books for Penguin Random House Mexico (freelancer).